At Marco Polo, we’re passionate about helping people feel close, building products and services that are good for you, and fostering joyful careers. We’re currently seeking a visual designer with mobile, marketing, and UI/UX experience. We are particularly interested in candidates who care deeply about technology’s ability to make people feel close and want to shape that experience for consumers.
What we’d expect of you:
- A passion for consumer technology and designing for a wide variety of consumers
- A great capacity for listening, flexibility, and taking feedback quickly and productively
- An excellent command over design platforms
- To play a supportive role within the integrated marketing team, which includes development and design of email, social media content, blog and web content, and in-app promotions that engage our audiences, drive our marketing efforts, and fuel lead generation, conversion and retention
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team including engineers, copywriters, marketing managers, developers, and the Marco Polo community to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
- Work collaboratively with product owners, other designers, and engineers to oversee in-app marketing flows, emails, and more, from concept to launch
- Quickly take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into valuable, plausible, and concrete UX flows and graphics
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Identify gaps in the Marco Polo user experience and suggest improvements
- Integrate multiple insight sources - user research, analytics data, industry conventions, the company’s strategy, your peers’ and your own intuition - to design the best UX, given constrained engineering resources
- Work with a small but incredibly talented team of designers and user researchers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of professional design experience, preferably at an agency, startup, or app company, and at least 2 years of mobile experience
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop) with multiple tools (Sketch, Principal, Framer, Abstract)
- Marketing design expertise, specifically with email, web, and social media content creation
- Ability to design mobile flows and experiences that are simple and highly effective
A bit about us:
We're on a mission to help people feel close. We're a fully distributed team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people, helping them feel close to the most important people in their lives. Our new service, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Launched in early 2020, Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love.
Marco Polo is an app downloaded every day by people of all walks of life from all over the globe. We care deeply about inclusion and representing our diverse community. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit any unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Why we love working at Marco Polo:
- No two days look alike
- An experienced, joyful distributed team environment. We’ve been doing the remote work thing since long before it became necessary. We’re good at it, and we’ll make sure you are too
- The opportunity to make significant, impactful contributions
- The space to thrive at a purpose-driven company where we’re looking to make a positive impact in the world by making a difference in the lives of millions of people
- We’re not just a team, we’re a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you’ll join a group of people who aren’t just passionate about what they do, but also care about each other :)
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental) and your family (paid family leave)
Does an opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting, diverse design projects sound exciting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Your design portfolio