At Marco Polo, we’re passionate about helping people feel close. We develop technology to make magic happen, and we do our best to make every day feel joyful. As we've grown, we've been intentional about hiring and creating an environment in which every member of our team is not just great at their job but also thoughtful, caring, and purpose-driven. We’re looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter.
A great candidate for this role will have experience with scaling companies from ~50 people to ~200+ people, operating in a startup environment, strategically sourcing and recruiting candidates, and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs at all levels of the company. You will partner closely with hiring leads across all functions and will own full-cycle recruiting efforts.
In this position, you will:
- Own our full-cycle recruiting strategy with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind. Our commitment to DEI reflects our belief in the value of a variety of perspectives as well as the importance of reflecting the race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and other diverse characteristics of our customer base. You’ll help ensure that we have an effective hiring and onboarding process that strikes the right balance between efficiency and business impact. You’ll develop and execute creative sourcing strategies to attract and engage diverse talent. You’ll conduct initial screens, represent Marco Polo culture and values, and ensure that new hires have a great experience all the way through onboarding.
- Be a strategic hiring advisor for the team. Collaborate effectively with teammates across the organization to understand what is and isn’t working in our hiring practices. You’ll advise hiring leads on strategies to address talent gaps and meet future needs. You’ll work with hiring leads to create job descriptions that reflect our values and business needs while making sure that those job descriptions are crafted to welcome qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds.
- Promote a culture of inclusion. You’ll drive talent strategies that build a diverse workforce. You’ll help challenge assumptions and design the hiring process to remove bias as much as possible while helping to hire and onboard the best candidates for the organization. In collaboration with our Head of People Ops, you will help organize DEI workshops and training and help infuse DEI into the company at all levels.
- Develop and leverage metrics. You’ll use data to inform recruiting decisions, but you won’t let data alone be the deciding factor.
- Help build a strong employer brand. You’ll write about our company culture for the company blog and other publications.
- Be a champion of Marco Polo culture and values. You’ll support building a collaborative, cohesive culture that is team-driven, values-driven, and uses data to drive decisions, performance, and recognition.
Ideally, you have:
- Passion for talent acquisition with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion – including 5+ years of recruiting experience, ideally in-house at a tech company.
- A successful track record of creating, improving, and executing talent acquisition programs that create a great candidate experience at each step of the process.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, flexible tech startup environment with a lot of moving parts, while scaling the team from ~50 to ~200+.
- Passion for making company values come to life and experience in putting values into action.
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people.
- Expertise in seeking alignment with the leadership team and building trusting relationships with people at all levels.
- The desire to work joyfully, work hard, and continuously level up. You look for ways to infuse your work with joy, you’re willing to put in the hours if necessary, but you level up the process so that next time you don’t have to.
- Evidence of effective collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment; this includes a mentality of humility and open-hearted listening as well as the ability to make decisions without having full consensus.
A bit about us:
We're on a mission to help people feel close. We've been a fully distributed team from the very beginning. And we care about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people, helping them feel close to the most important people in their lives. Our new service, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Launched in early 2020, Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Working here is awesome because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people.
- We’re not just a team, we’re a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you’ll join a group of people who aren’t just passionate about what they do, but also care about each other!
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental) and your family (paid family leave).
Does this sound exciting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please email the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- A question you want to make sure we ask you in the interview
Answers to these questions:
- Why do you think this role will be a good next step for you?
- What is a recruiting strategy you’re most proud of?