We're looking for a senior product designer with mobile experience and a strong background in UI/UX. You have a great capacity for listening and being flexible, are able to work fast and iterate and take feedback quickly and productively. You have excellent command over the mediums of design (Sketch, Abode suite, etc) and care more about outcomes than pixels. You will ideally have experience working remotely and designing for consumers. You care deeply about technology’s ability to make people feel close and want to shape that experience for consumers.
- Design mobile flows and experiences that are simple and are highly usable
- Work collaboratively with product owners, other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features from concept to launch
- Quickly take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into valuable, plausible and concrete UX flows
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Identify gaps in the Marco Polo experience and suggest improvements (e.g. our app’s first time experience)
- Integrate multiple insight sources - user research, analytics data, industry conventions, the company’s strategy, your peers’ and your own intuition - to design the best UX, given constrained engineering resources
- Contribute at a high level about product strategy and vision ('what should we build?’ and ‘what problems need solved?’)
- Work with a small but incredibly talented team of designers and user researchers.
You may be a fit if you have:
- 4+ years design experience at a product company
- 2+ years of mobile design experience
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.) with current tools (Sketch, Principal, Framer, etc.)
- A strong capability to prioritize your time when multiple projects are in play
- A primary focus on usability and user experience with experience user testing your ideas
- Ability to communicate your design decisions and work cross-functionally with different teams and roles
- Willingness to adapt your designs based on engineering constraints and evolve them with user feedback over multiple sprints.
- Humbleness and a focus on building a great product that people love
- A strong sense of appropriate copy, typography, layout, color, and general design principles
A bit about us...
We're on the mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people. We're a distributed, mature, small team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in the US.
Please email your resume, link to your portfolio (which ideally includes shipped mobile product designs), and why you think you’d be the perfect fit to email@example.com.