We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build the next generation of asynchronous video communication and scale out our API services as we continue to grow.
You are someone who excels at building and managing fault-tolerant auto-scaling services, but also like wearing a few different hats. You're a strategic thinker when making architectural decisions and you enjoy looking at network calls to understand interactions between systems. You're enthusiastic about new tech, but judicious in using it. You delight in making a difference for millions of people in the world and you care about having a joyful work environment.
- Automate processes and configuration within the AWS ecosystem.
- Ensure all parts of our infrastructure can be safely managed via configuration as code.
- Collaborate with teammates in refactoring complex systems into simpler subsystems.
- Optimize data access patterns and look for millisecond optimizations in network round trips.
- Triage production performance issues on server infrastructure, maintaining high uptime.
- Sift through logs and find root cause of problems on client and server.
You may be a fit if you:
- Communicate with empathy.
- Remain calm and even-keeled, especially in a storm.
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- Enjoy reverse engineering from inputs and outputs of black-box systems.
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work.
- Are humble and intellectually curious.
A bit about us...
We're on a mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people. We're a distributed, mature, small team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Please email your resume and why you think you’d be the perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.