Marco Polo is looking for a Product Data Scientist with experience in consumer-facing and strategic analytics. In this role, you will have the chance to dive into a mountain of (anonymized) usage data and optimize our systems to drive our company to make educated and data-driven decisions.
You will be responsible for understanding the current drivers of our company, building models and algorithms to improve our operations, and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to implement these new systems. We are looking for a data analyst who loves modeling and writing code, diving into difficult problems and creating world-class experiences for users. You will work with the engineering team to deploy and evaluate A/B testing and generate other hypothesis-based experiments. Additionally, you will define, measure and utilize metrics to build business cases and present them to the data science/ analytics team and senior management. This role will be an integral part of the data team and will help Marco Polo provide an extraordinary customer experience by using mathematical and statistical modeling to drive business decisions.
- Apply data and analytic skills to help the company understand its finances, customer acquisition funnel and operational bottlenecks – learning how key metrics like conversion, retention, churn, etc. drive the business.
- Develop models that drive metrics and company toward improved operations – i.e. improve demand forecasting to eliminate product wastage.
- Execute cohort studies and drive analyses to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities for improving our product(s), customer retention and churn.
- Design experiments (A/B tests) and distill their results into actionable outcomes.
- Work with engineering to build processes to support fast, iterative experimentation.
- Develop automated reports and visualization dashboards for the company to track the health of the business and results from experiments.
You may be a fit if you:
- Have experience in SQL and Python/ R, and similar statistical packages, to access and transform data into insights.
- Thoroughly understand statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, and regression analysis to the extent that you can use them creatively to help guide business decisions.
- Possess strong speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others.
- Are able to summarize key insights for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work.
- Are humble and intellectually curious.
A bit about us...
We're on a mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people. We're a distributed, mature, small team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Please email your resume and why you think you’d be the perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.