At Marco Polo, we’re passionate about helping people feel close, creating products and services that are good for you, and having a joyful career while we do it. We’re currently seeking a Marketing Communications Manager who has experience in all things integrated marketing in 2020 - social networking, influencer relations, product marketing, PR, SEO, email, and e-commerce. Marco Polo is growing and we’d like great talent to join our team.
What we’d expect of you:
- Make Marco Polo a Household Name: You love Marco Polo and believe in the power in helping people feel close. You have experience using all the marketing tools available to spread good stories, highlight company success, and spot trends. You are strategic and bring intellectual curiosity and mindfulness to the current media/social media landscapes.
- Passion for Technology: We are breaking ground as one of the first consumer communications digital platforms to build a sustainable business model without selling user data. We’ve recently released our newest offering, Marco Polo Channels, a video-first coaching platform. We want you to share our passion for connecting people through technology and help market these industry-forward ideas and apps with expert guidance and skillful project management.
- Collaboration and Creativity: You’ll likely be working with the design, product development, and engineering teams, our PR agency, business development and growth experts, and many more to collaborate on the strategies and tactics you’ll help develop. We are a small team with big ideas, so creativity and results-driven execution is key.
- Reporting and Measuring: We are an analytical team, constantly iterating on our learnings. You will manage monthly reporting, working with our growth and data teams to analyze and make integrated marketing recommendations appropriately.
- Soup to Nuts Execution: The best part of startup environments is often the breadth of work you’re able to impact. From product messaging to influencer outreach to content creation to monthly reporting, this position will allow you to touch all aspects of integrated marketing. We need big thinkers who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the job done, no matter how small.
- Flexibility: We’re a fast-paced company seeking applicants who not only adapt quickly to change, but embrace and thrive in that kind of environment.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (digital and product marketing, social media, communications, etc.).
- Superb communication skills both written and visual, with a passion for brand marketing and messaging. You love writing, speaking, creating, and storytelling.
- Experience creating content - digital design, video production, IG Live, etc.
- Product marketing, ecommerce, and app experience are a plus.
- Evidence of effective collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, flexible startup environment with a lot of moving parts.
- A personality of humility, fun, and open-hearted listening.
- Desire to work in a joyful work environment, where you and your teammates look forward to learning, growing, and celebrating milestones.
- Agency or startup experience a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
- An experienced, joyful distributed team environment. We’ve been doing the remote work thing since long before it became necessary. We’re good at it, and we’ll make sure you are too.
- The opportunity to make significant, impactful contributions across several marketing disciplines.
- A balance of individual projects where you’ll be able to immerse yourself in complicated tasks, but also day-to-day teamwork with both the Head of Integrated Marketing and many teams across Marco Polo. There is great opportunity for learning while working in a supportive environment.
- The space to thrive at a purpose-driven company where we’re looking to make a positive impact in the world.
Marco Polo is an app downloaded every day by people of all walks of life from all over the globe. We care deeply about inclusion and representing our diverse community. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit any unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
We're on a mission to help people feel close. We're a fully distributed team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world. Think you’re the right fit? If so, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please email the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Writing/Marketing collateral example
- Let us know if you’re a Marco Polo user, what your favorite feature is, and why