We’re looking for an experienced B2C Marketer to guide our brand across national and international growth campaigns. As the first major marketing hire at our company, you will have a strong hand in shaping your own work, as well as how we approach our marketing strategy. This role will be key to the company’s success, and you will be integral to making Marco Polo known globally.
You must be a strategic thinker and leader who can plan and execute, lead a team, and tell stories that move us and the world. You will embody our brand while working effectively and collaboratively across the company. You’ll be charged with hands-on efforts to help us tell our story to the world, and make a difference on a global scale (with the ability to start small). Experience with measurement and a willingness to think critically about your own work are required. You must have passion for our purpose of helping people feel close.
- Work with leadership to devise overall strategy.
- Transform our brand strategy into campaigns.
- Articulate our brand through social media and other storytelling.
- Coordinate resources to execute strategies.
- Work effectively with team members and contractors to support PR and partnership efforts.
- Clearly prioritize marketing efforts to maximize impact.
- Oversee all marketing and ensure that we move quickly.
- Identify when to abandon efforts that are not yielding results.
- Convert data into actionable insights.
You may be a fit if you:
- Can effectively communicate with the team and sell your ideas internally.
- Are open to input and don’t get attached to your ideas.
- Have the mind of a storyteller who can convey the “why” in few words.
- Are a low-drama person who feels gratitude for the world you live in and your relationships with others.
- Have the ability to think creatively with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ideally, you have:
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- 3+ years experience in leading a B2C marketing program
- Experience in marketing to mothers, women, or families
- Knowledge of or experience with marketing in the B2C messaging space
- Taken a product from low brand awareness to broad awareness
- Significant experience with measurement and use data to help guide effort
- Hands-on experience as well as strategy and leadership
- Experience with building a social media program
- Evidence of strong communication with leadership, product, PR, and customer support
- Experience building customer loyalty programs
- Proven ability to lead and execute marketing programs, including strategy, product, analytics and customer service as marketing
A bit about us...
We're on a mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people. We're a distributed, mature, small team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
We’d love to see what you may add to our team. Please send us your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Be sure to tell us about how you think you’d contribute:
- Tell us about a campaign that was successful…. How did you know it worked? What metrics did you use and how did you tie it back to company goals?
- Talk about a time that a campaign you ran didn’t work…. How did you know it wasn’t working and what did you do next?