We are looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer to help build the next generation video platform for one-to-many coaching. You are someone who excels at building a great user experience and a rock solid platform. You are committed to understanding business needs and how they impact your users' experience, so that what you build solves problems in the best possible way. You're enthusiastic about new tech, but judicious in using it. You delight in making a difference for millions of people in the world and you care about having a joyful work environment.
- Work with a designer to build the next generation of asynchronous video coaching
- Collaborate with teammates to solve complex business problems and delight your users
- Understand in detail how your code impacts scalability, maintainability and network performance.
- Be responsive to live site issues and participate in maintaining a high availability service.
- Produce solid code and raise the bar for the whole team on quality and speed.
You may be a fit if you:
- Are passionate about the user's experience.
- Communicate with empathy.
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- Have at least 2 years of relevant front-end experience (vue.js, angular.js, react or similar) combined with at least 2 years of relevant back-end experience (firebase, AWS, etc) in a professional setting.
- Have led a small team of engineers through multiple projects.
- Pride yourself on a strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Are looking for a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work.
- Are humble and intellectually curious.
A bit about us…
We're on a mission to help people feel close. Our app, Marco Polo®, reaches millions of people, helping them stay in touch with the people who matter most to them. Our latest app, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love while making an impact. We're a distributed, small team that cares about working joyfully and making a difference in the world. Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
You'll love working at Marco Polo because:
- We're a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people
- We're not just a team, we're a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you'll join a group of people who aren't just passionate about what they do, but also care about each other
- We're moving quickly, so things never get stale
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, healthcare (medical, vision, dental) and paid family leave
Does this sound exciting to you? Think you're a great fit? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Please email your resume and why you think you'd be a great fit to email@example.com