Marco Polo® is looking for a part-time, with the possibility of full-time, Executive Assistant to support our founder and our company as we grow!
We are a small, fully distributed team that cares about working joyfully and making a difference in the world. Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people – we're top of charts on iOS and Play Store. You are someone who loves details, feels no task is too small, can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and finds happiness in helping others.
- Act as a right hand and gatekeeper for our founder & CEO.
- Strategically manage her calendar of internal and external meetings – protecting her schedule, anticipating her needs, and helping her days run smoothly.
- Play an active role in helping with time management practices (e.g. typing short post-meeting notes, creating to-dos via transcription, etc.). Your work goes beyond scheduling – you’re helping our CEO optimize her time.
- Help schedule and coordinate personal and company-related tasks (doctor’s appointments, deliveries, etc.).
- Coordinate domestic and international travel with exceptional attention to detail. Work with hotels, airlines, and other vendors to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Plan and organize Board meetings, coordinating with Board members’ staff.
- Draft and prepare slides, reports, and other meeting materials.
- Track expenses and reimbursements.
- Provide day-of-event support for team retreats.
- Assist with additional projects on an ad hoc basis.
You might be a fit if you:
- Possess a high level of professionalism – discretion, confidentiality, and trust are crucial to this role.
- Care about the well-being of others and are truly invested in your work. You’re driven by making sure people are well taken care of.
- Are smart and have sound judgment. You can prioritize, multitask, manage ambiguity, make decisions with available information, and escalate as appropriate.
- Are super organized, with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through; nothing falls through the cracks because there are no cracks. :)
- Work fast, but not at the cost of accuracy.
- Are self-directed, independent, and proactive. You bring solutions and next steps to the table.
- Thrive in chaos and resourcefully adapt to changing priorities and needs with grace and flexibility. You’re calm and even-keeled, especially in a storm.
- Have the interpersonal and collaboration skills to thrive in a 100% remote team setting.
- Care about a joyful work environment and delight in making a difference for millions of people around the world.
- Believe in our mission of helping people feel close.
- Have the curiosity to learn the business, roll up your sleeves, and grow in the role.
Ideally, you have:
- 3+ years experience supporting executive level staff
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management and executives
- Solid knowledge of or aptitude for a variety of productivity tools (e.g., Google apps, Slack, Asana, Zoom, and Peakon)
- Solid knowledge of expense reporting
If time-sensitive and urgent matters occur after hours or during weekends, you will need to be online to handle accordingly. This really shouldn’t happen often, but you’ll need to be willing to check email/Slack in the evening and on weekends. The job can be done remotely, but the ideal candidate lives in the Bay Area to assist with on-site needs.
A bit about us
At Marco Polo®, we’re on a mission to help people feel close – and that extends to how we work! We're a distributed, small team that strives for “work-life integration.” Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief that lives flourish when people feel close. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Joya. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Highlight your relevant experience, tell us what you might add to our team, and show us how you’d be a great fit. Thank you!