At Marco Polo we’re passionate about helping people feel close. We develop technology to make that kind of magic happen, and we insist on feeling joyful along the way :D. We’re looking to hire a Head of Growth for Marco Polo Channels, a new service that Marco Polo launched earlier this year.
A great candidate for this role will have experience in growth marketing using organic and earned strategies, not relying primarily on paid advertising. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the strategy for the business, set up and scale processes and operations to execute on the strategy, and over time, grow the team.
In this position, you’ll:
- Identify, optimize & evaluate opportunities: You will use your creativity and know-how to identify ways we can grow our target segment quickly. You will apply your expertise to optimizing conversion funnels. And you’ll use your analytical skills along with experience-based intuition to evaluate opportunities.
- Be hands-on & wear many hats: In this job you’ll be trying out lots of ideas, learning quickly, and then trying again. You won’t just be identifying the best strategies, you’ll also be doing the work (e.g. developing and executing a referral program, writing outreach emails, designing a content marketing program, etc.) as well as guiding the work of others.
- Collaborate: You’ll be working with our account management, PR, marketing, and product teams to execute on the strategies and tactics you come up with.
- Provide insights: You’ll capture learnings, translate them into insights, and share them with key stakeholders to help guide the Channels strategy. Your insights will be based on what you see in the data and what you hear from leaders and members.
- Hit success metrics: You’ll own success metrics that directly contribute to company OKRs. You will guide the team in helping to hit these metrics.
Ideally you have:
- A track record of success in achieving and surpassing your objectives.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Growth, Performance Marketing (not purely paid), Sales, and/or SEO.
- Experience in working with people who offer business, fitness, life or wellness coaching or digital learning - or an interest in learning about these areas.
- Background (and ideally passion) in running experiments and data analytics.
- Experience with 2-sided B2B-B2C marketplaces or platforms.
- Evidence of effective collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, flexible environment with a lot of moving parts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a mentality of humility and open-hearted listening.
A bit about us:
We're on a mission to help people feel close. We're a fully distributed team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world.
Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people, helping them feel close to the most important people in their lives. Our new service, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Launched in early 2020, Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Working here is awesome because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people.
- We’re not just a team, we’re a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you’ll join a group of people who aren’t just passionate about what they do, but also care about each other :)
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental) and your family (paid family leave).
Does this sound exciting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- A question you want to make sure we ask you in the interview
Answers to these questions:
- Why do you think this role will be a good next step for you?
- What would you do in the first 30 days on the job?
- What is an example of a strategy that you launched and how did you monitor its success?